CBSE 10th and 12th results are already declared. Now its time for applying revaluation and re-checking. Those who are unhappy with the published results can apply online for revaluation or rechecking process through the official website of CBSE. Read on to everything about the revaluation, rechecking, the fee details and eligibility for revaluation/rechecking etc.
CBSE Revaluation and Rechecking Process explained
There is a difference between revaluation and re-checking processes. Let’s have a closer look at what each process is.
CBSE Re-checking Process
Re-checking or re-verification refers to the process of checking whether there is an error in computing the total marks. The process involves re-totaling the marks once again by adding together all the marks received for each answer. This also involves checking whether the marks for all individual answers are included and not missed during earlier totaling. The cost to pay while applying to re-checking a paper is Rs. 500
CBSE Revaluation Process
Revaluation means evaluating the answer papers afresh ignoring the earlier marking or evaluation. An exam evaluator goes through all the answers (those opted for revaluation) once again and marking is done by him. The new marking will then become your marks for the revaluated paper.
During a revaluation, the exam evaluator only goes through those questions the applicant opts during the applying. The revaluation costs Rs. 100 per question. If you have 3 questions in Hindi and five questions in Maths to revaluated, you have to pay Rs.800 (8 questions).
How to apply for Re-verification/Re-checking and Revaluation
It is to be noted that a student cannot directly apply for revaluation. He/She has to recheck or re-verify his/her marks before applying for revaluation.
In other words, those who did not apply for re-checking cannot apply for revaluation. Please read on to know the steps for applying to re-checking and revaluation
Steps for applying to CBSE Revaluation and rechecking
1. Apply for Re-checking. Rechecking is Rs. 500 per paper. Go to the official website of CBSE i.e cbse.nic.in and you will find the link for re-checking. Click on it. Enter the roll number, date of birth and the subjects for which you need a rechecking.
2. Rechecking result comes. Check it on official CBSE website. If not satisfied with the re-check, apply for photocopy of the answer sheet. Applying to photocopy costs Rs. 500 per subject.
3. The photocopy will be published on the official website. Download the photocopy. From the photocopy, a student can check if any of the answers are not properly marked.
4. He/she can apply for revaluation of those questions he/she feels are not properly evaluated. For applying log on to the official website of CBSE.(cbse.nic.in). Click on the Apply for revaluation link. The cost of the revaluation is Rs. 100 per question.
Note: The link for revaluation is not available at all times. It’ll only be found or activated when the revaluation process is open to students.
5. The result of revaluation will be published. Check the official website to get your results.