If CBT (Computer Based Test) is the first level of test for RRB Group D recruitment exam, what comes next is the PET or Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Only those qualified in CBT will be qualified for the Physical Test.
It is important for the RRB Group D candidates to know the eligibility criteria of Physical Eligibility Test. Group D examination are conducted by RRB to fill the vacancies of Keyman, Switchman, Leverman, Trackman, Porter, Welder etc. Below is the full list of jobs that comes under Group D vacancies.
Positions Under Group D
The position vacancies under RRB Group D recruitment are:
- Group D – Engg Section
- Group D – Store Section
- Helper-II (S & T)
- Helper-II (Electrical)
- Helper-II (Mechanical)
RRB Group D General Standing Instructions for PET
- The test is of qualifying nature
- The PET results will most probably be released on the same day as that of the test.
- The candidates should follow the instructions laid down by RRB official at the Physical Test Venue.
- Only one chance will be given to the candidates during the test. No second chances will be provided.
- The candidates, on the test day, should appear in appropriate clothes and shoes.
- Any request to change either venue or date will be allowed.
- The candidates should appear and report to the RRB officials one hour prior to the time marked on the call letters.
- Candidates will not be allowed to take up the test without the call letters.
- The decision of the RRB official will be final on the fitness or unfitness of the candidate.
- The Railway Recruitment Board will not be responsible for the injury that is caused during the test. They should take proper care to avoid injuries.
RRB GROUP D Eligibility Requirements for Male and Female Candidates
Here are two tests conducted under the Physical Eligibility Test for RRB Group D recruitment
100 meters Run in 2 minutes by carrying a Weight
Both the male and female candidates have to run a length of 100 meters in a stipulated time of two minutes lifting a weight. The weight to be lifted while running for male candidates is 35 Kilograms. For the women candidates, the weight to be lifted is 20 Kilograms. The candidates are not allowed to put down the weight even once during the run.
NB: Only one chance will be provided
1000 meters run in stipulated time
For male candidates, to pass the test, should complete the 1000 meters run in 4 minutes 15 seconds. For female candidates, the time limit to pass the test is 5 minutes and 40 seconds.
NB: For Differently-abled candidates, there is no PET. They have to pass the prescribed medical test after qualifying The Computer Based Test.