Box Cricket League (BCL) is a sports reality show on Indian television, where TV celebs are formed into a team and they will compete against other teams also consisting of TV celebs. It is an indoor cricket game format. BCL was inspired by the popularity of the Celebrity Cricket League, a T10 tournament with franchises in major Indian cities.
The series is a unique amalgamation of sports, celebrities, and entertainment. BCL was conceptualized by Marinating Films. The inaugural season had 8 teams competing against each other. Two additional teams were added for the second season. This was the 4th season and 6 teams took part in the league.
Winners of Box Cricket League (BCL) 4
Delhi Dragons is the champion team of the MTV Box cricket league season 4. The team was victorious in the final match of the Box Cricket League. They have maintained their win rate for 3 seasons. Delhi Dragons are owned by Mika Singh and Ashwani Sharma.
The team for the fourth season of the MTV Box cricket league is as follows:
Delhi Dragons Team (Season 4)
• Karan Wahi (Captain)
• Aadesh Chaudhary
• Puru Chibber(WK)
• Chitrashi Rawat
• Sahil Anand
• Rafi Malik
• Rakshit Pant
• Kushagre Dua
• Aditi Gupta
• Meherzan Mazda
• Surbhi Jyoti
• Meenal Shah
• Ranjan Chhabra
The coach of the team is Mr Bawa and it is the winner of all the seasons, making it as the most successful teams in BCL history. The all-time favorite player of the match’ award was presented by Munchilicious Granola. It has partnered with Ekta Kapoor, who is promoting the Indian reality show.
Teams of Box Cricket League (BCL) Season 4
1. Delhi Dragons
2. Goa Killers
3. Chennai Swaggers
4. Kolkata Babu Moshayes
5. Bengaluru Warriors
6. Azamgarh Royals
History of the BCL
BCL was inaugurated in 2014 and 8 teams contested in it. The teams that played the 1st season were the Chandigarh Cubs, Delhi Dragons, Rowdy Bangalore, Mumbai Tigers, Kolkata Baabu Moshayes, Jaipur Raj Joshiley, Pune Anmol Ratan and Ahmedabad Express. Delhi Dragons emerged as the first BCL champions. The first season was telecast on Sony Entertainment Television India.
The second season was held in 2016. Two new cricket teams were added in the BCL. Chennai Swaggers and Lucknow Nawabs were additional teams in the season 2 of the BCL. Delhi Dragons were again champions for the second time in a row and they were the 2 times champions of BCL. Colors TV aired the second season.
The third season took place on February 25, 2018. Lucknow Nawabs emerged victorious by defeating the two-time champions Delhi Dragons. The third season was telecast on MTV India. RJ Sidhu was doing the commentary of BCL 3.
The fourth season took place on April 29, 2019. The fourth season of the BCL was also aired on MTV India. RJ Sidhu and Vishal S were the commentators of BCL 4.
Box Cricket rules.
1) Each team will be comprised of 8 players.
2) The teams will be consisting of 6 male and 2 female players at any time.
3) Substitution can happen only in case if any injury to the primary team member.
4) The player of the same gender can be replaced. (Only a female can replace a female player).
Female specific rules
1) One female player should either open or go one down.
2) The female player has to bowl one over between the 1st and the 4th over.
3) All the Bowlers (male or female) should bowl under-arm to a female player.
4) The umpire is liable to allow the female player to bowl overarm.
5) Female players will not be ruled out if it is a hit wicket.
6) No balls and wide balls will not be counted as official ball and 1 run will be given to the opponent team, but, a dead ball will not be counted in case of females.
1) Only a direct Catch will be given out
2) The ball hit outside the Box directly without the intrusion of the opponent team will be Ruled Out.
3) Hit wicket will be considered only for male players
4) Stumping and run out will also be counted as out.
5) There will be no LBWs
1. Byes and Leg Byes are allowed (running between the wickets is required)
2. Players can score runs by running between wickets.
4) 1 run will be awarded if the ball goes outside the Box/ground indirectly. Players have to change the sides to get that run.
5) 2 runs 4 runs or 8 runs are awarded to the batting if they manage to hit the respective boards on the field.
6) Batting team can score extra runs if there is an overthrow.
1) A Bowler can bowl a maximum of 2 overs in an innings.
2) Super Over will be played if there is a tie.
3) The Non-Striker has to be inside the crease.
4) The umpire’s decision will be final.