Get all details about Queen Elizabeth II Funeral Guests attending, timings, venue and channels to watch. It was announced today that the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II will take place on Monday 19th September 2022. The service will be held at St Paul’s Cathedral in London, and the guest list has already been released.
The funeral will be a national event, with dignitaries and representatives from all over the world in attendance. Among the guests will be the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Liz Truss, and the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby.
The funeral will be a solemn occasion, but it is also expected to be a celebration of the life of one of the most respected and beloved figures in British history. Her Majesty’s body will lie in state at Westminster.
[table id=117 /]
There will be 500 dignitaries attending the funeral from all over the world. Some of the notable people who are invited are:
- Drupadi Mourmu – President Of India
- Joe Biden- President Of United States of America
- Emmanuel Macron – President of France
- The European Commission President -Ursula von der Leyen
- European Council President-Charles Michel
- Donald Trump – Ex-President USA
and many members of global royalty have been invited.
People who have not been invited:
- Vladimir Putin – President of Russia
- Dignitaries from Belarus
- Kim Jong-Un – President of North Korea
Queen Elizabeth II Funeral Time and Date
The funeral will take place on Monday 19th September 2022 at St Paul’s Cathedral in London. The time of the service is 11 AM BST time and 6 AM ET.
Venue for Queen Elizabeth Funeral
St. Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh, Scotland will be the location for Queen Elizabeth II Funeral service.
Where To Watch?
The Funeral will be televised on NBC, CNN, ABC, and Fox News. The service will be broadcasted live on every media platform, and BBC will be broadcasting it to the world.
Also Read: India Independence Day Story and Speech
Some facts about Queen Elizabeth II
– Queen Elizabeth II was born on 21st April 1926.
– She became the Queen at the age of 25 when her father King George VI died on 6th February 1952.
– In her 70 years as the monarch, she has seen 12 Prime Ministers, including Sir Winston Churchill, Margaret Thatcher, and Theresa May.
– She is the longest-serving monarch in British history.
– Elizabeth II visited more than 116 countries during her lifetime.
– During her reign, she has witnessed some of the most momentous events in modern British history, including the Suez Crisis, the Falklands War, and the 9/11 attacks.
– She is the only monarch to have celebrated a diamond jubilee.
– Elizabeth II is also the patron of more than 600 charities and organisations.
– She has four children, eight grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren.
– Her husband Prince Philip died on 9th April 2021, aged 99.