Xiaomi has released the MIUI 10 Global Stable update for its Redmi 6 models. It was earlier this month Xiaomi released the beta version of MIUI 10 Stable version 10.2.2.0 for its Redmi 6A models. The Redmi 6 and 6A models launched last year have an inherent MIUI 9 version, which indeed has a lot of features but some drawbacks as well.
With the new update, the company is trying to fix many of the problems that exist within the current version. With this update, it addresses the UI problems mainly although other fixes are also made. Redmi 6 series phones of Xiaomi is a widely appreciated series in India. These devices have made a record sale last year with their improved features, better user experience and an affordable price tag.
- 1 Redmi 6 MIUI 10.2.2.0 Global Stable Update Highlights
- 1.0.1 1. Android security patch Update
- 1.0.2 2. Fixing problem of UI elements not showing correctly at the time of changing cameras during video calls
- 1.0.3 3. Inability to send SMS while conference call fix
- 1.0.4 4. Disappearance of earphone icon fix
- 1.0.5 5. Shaded Notification window while voice recording is paused
- 1.0.6 6. Fixing the Fingerprint sensor not operating during calls
- 1.0.7 7. Other Fixes/ Updates
Redmi 6 MIUI 10.2.2.0 Global Stable Update Highlights
The changelog lists the following modifications in the new update for Redmi 6 models:
1. Android security patch Update
The android security patch will be updated with the MIUI V10 2.2.0 updation. It but, didn’t mention which is the security patch incorporated to the update, whether its December 2018 security patch update or the January 2019 Security patch update.
2. Fixing problem of UI elements not showing correctly at the time of changing cameras during video calls
There are problems of UI elements not appearing correctly while switching cameras at the time of video calls. The new update assures the fixing of this problem.
3. Inability to send SMS while conference call fix
Another problem with the old software version is the inability to send text messages at the time of conference calls. Xiaomi is assuring a fix for this with the new update.
4. Disappearance of earphone icon fix
It is not very uncommon phenomena in smartphones that icons sometimes not appearing or disappearing correctly. With this update, Xiaomi is fixing that bug in their system too.
5. Shaded Notification window while voice recording is paused
There was a problem in Redmi models that notification screen appears shaded when the user pauses a voice recording. The new update also fixes this problem.
6. Fixing the Fingerprint sensor not operating during calls
With the new update, the fingerprint sensor is made to work at the time of making calls.
7. Other Fixes/ Updates
The new updates also assure to fix many problems related to screenshot functionality, notifications and also headphone accessories.
The users of Redmi 6 in the MIUI forums say they received a 448 MB size update notification. While users with 6A models in the MIUI forum states that the changelog they received had an update notification with 468 MB size.