The movie Dangal was the Christmas release movie of Bollywood star Aamir Khan. It was released on December 23, 2016 two days before Christmas. The film is getting positive reviews all around the world. As the per the coming sources Dangal has already broke some of the Bollywood records. Here are some real facts to know about the movie.
1. The movie Dangal is actually the biopic of Mahavir Singh Phogat and his two daughters. Mahavir Singh Phogat who was an Indian wrestler and senior Olympics coach. who trained his two daughters to become wrestlers defying the social norms existed. His daughter’s names are Geeta Phogat and Babitha Kumari Phogat.
2. The Phogat sisters also has a cousin Vinesh, who was also a wrestler and has won a gold in the 48kg women’s wrestling event at the Glasgow CWG Games
3. The movie made a 100-crore collection in the first three days itself.
4. Dangal is Bollywood actor Aamir Khan’s fifth movie to enter the 100-crore club
5. Dangal also became the seventh highest grosser of the year 2016.
6. Geeta Phogat became the most searched on Google within two days of release of Dangal.
7. Aamir’s workout and diet plan for Dangal was also a highly searched topic in the internet.
8. The word Dangal is the hindi slang for wrestling arena.
9. The Telugu and tamil versions were also released simultaneously with the Hindi version.
10. Dangal was released in India and internationally on Friday, Dec 23. The film was not released in Pakistan on the same day.
11. The movie was leaked through internet within 24 hours of the release and still it crossed the 100-crore mark within 3 days. The upload was made from Pakistan.
12. The Authorised Biography of Mahavir Singh Phogat ‘Akhada’ was published days prior the release of the movie ‘Dangal’. The biography is written by Saurabh Duggal.
13. The movie says Mahavir Singh was disappointed to have daughters. But real biography says, it was Daya Kaur, who was disappointed in having girl children.